To schedule an appointment please call 540-899-5864
We are proud to introduce our Breast Surgical Oncology Department of Fellowship-trained providers specializing in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of benign and malignant breast disease in women and men, as well as high risk breast surveillance and genetic testing. We are focused on comprehensive, minimally- invasive, compassionate care for our patients with breast disease.
There are many contributing factors that can affect your risk of developing breast disease to include:
- Family History
- Menstruation and menopause onset
- Hormone therapy
- Exposure to radiation
- Excess weight
- Breast Density
We are committed to seeing our patients throughout the entire treatment process for breast disease. The patient-specific care plans extend beyond treatments for breast disease, into needs that can develop after breast disease treatment has been completed. Our surgical oncology providers specialize in:
- Breast biopsy
- Tumor removal
- Chemo treatment coordination
- Continuing care after surgery
- Hormone regulation for breast cancer survivors
- Minimal surgical scarring technique
- Management of patients at high risk for breast cancer development
- Treatment of sexuality/intimacy issues that can develop after breast disease treatment.
We have found that the best way to treat breast disease is prevention. Our goal is to provide that through education, screening and genetic testing in a locally-based, friendly, compassionate environment focused on caring for our patients at a critical point in their health care and providing positive outcomes.